week 9: continuing to trouble

This week continues the reading and thinking on cyborgs, posthumans, binaries and other troublesomeness – building to next week when we begin applying some of this to the challenge of pedagogy and learning design. The blog posts on these themes have been really great – in particular it’s so exciting to see multimodal ‘writing’ and peer support becoming an established norm in the culture of this course.

You might want to think ahead – and some are doing this in the blogs already – to your final assignment. As you know, this has to be in digital form, and the topic and some of the assessment criteria are entirely up to you to define. The deadline isn’t until midnight on the 9 January, but now is a good time to start getting input from Jen and I and from the group if that would help you with your emergent ideas. Post to your blog, or email Jen or I if you’d rather have a one to one.

Looking forward to more troubling, blogging and tweeting. In making this post and finding this image I’ve been thinking about the devil as a posthuman figure – an animal/human hybrid chosen by mythology to represent the antithesis of human morality – an interesting precursor to the devilish human/machinic amalgam of the cyborg!

One Response to “week 9: continuing to trouble”

1.   

[...] a brief aside (respite?) from being Posthuman, and reading the EDC Week 9 introduction, I have decided to blog some initial ideas on ‘the Final Assessment’, and throw myself open to [...]